1. Self-Introduction [5 minutes]
(a) Each member will have 1-minute to do a self introduction.
Suggested talking points:
- Your name. Birthday month.
- Which part of Singapore you live in? How do you come to school?
- What are your favourite pastimes and interests? What you enjoy to do when not studying?
- What is your greatest satisfaction/achievement in your primary school day?
- (exclude PSLE or school exams) Examples: Learnt to cook a meal for your family; Cycle around the island with parents
Try to identify things that are similar or contrasting between both of you.
2. Sharing with others
(a) Using PhotoBooth, take a picture of the group [5 minutes]
- To activate PhotoBooth, go to Spotlight at the top right corner and key in "PhotoBooth". Choose the application to activate it.
- You may explore the different effects in PhotoBooth and choose one for your group photo.
- Drag the photo onto the Desktop.
- The person whose learning device is used will login to his/her personal email account.
- As a group, craft a few paragraphs to share the class so that the rest of the classmates will know you better.
- E.g. Both of us live in the opposite ends of the Singapore island, one at Pulau Ubin while the other at Tuas. While we enjoy sports, Geraldine likes to swim while I (Karen) like to play basketball.
- Attach the photograph (from the desktop) to the email.
- Set the "Subject" of the email to "Getting to know... Name1, Name2 and Name3"
- Email the text and attached photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your text and photograph will be posted into the class blog.
- Now, reload the webpage to view the blog post.