A Class Exco Member should possess the following traits:
✓ Effective in articulating his/her views
✓ Speaks good English
✓ Independent and dependable
✓ Able to think on the feet
✓ Respect others
✓ Empathetic listeners
✓ Put welfares of others before oneself
✓ Observing racial harmony
Role and Responsibilities of Class Committee Members
• To provide leadership to the Class Exco members, heads of each sub-committee and classmates in promoting school spirit and culture within the class.
• To work closely with the Form Teacher to ensure smooth running of class activities and inform any problems or challenges within the class.
• To facilitate class meetings together with Vice-Chairperson, with guidance from Form Teacher. When need arises, to conduct class executive committee meetings with Form Teacher.
• To maintain discipline in the class especially during assemblies, in between lessons and when moving from class to class.
• To embrace the SST’s school values and be a role model for classmates.
• To assist the Class Chairperson in his/her roles and responsibilities listed above
• To cover the duties of the Class Chairperson in his/her absence.
• To ensure the sub-committees carry out their duties responsibly.
• To assist the Form Teacher and Class Chairperson in any administrative matters.
• To monitor movement of classmates and ensure that no one leaves the class without the permission of the Form/Subject Teacher.
• To write the date and the names of absentees on the whiteboard before the first period on a daily basis.
• To record minutes of executive committee and class meetings and forward to Form Teacher and Level Co-ordinator.
• To update homework, assessments or any class events on the class blog.
• To collect money and keep a proper account of all collections and expenditure.
• To draw out a budget for the class (class fund) and ensure that money is collected only when needed. To ensure that pupil sign against her name on a class list, when money is collected from her.
• To ensure that all money collected is passed to Account Department or Form Teacher within the same day.
Welfare / Service Learning Committee - Welfare / SL co-ordinator (x2)
• To ensure the general well-being of the class through class and school-wide activities
• To organize class bonding activities to build healthy relationships between members in class eg games, birthday celebrations...
• To support Service Learning Projects
• To assist and liaise with Service Learning Teacher I/C on matters related to Service Learning
• To liaise with Level Co-ordinators and other teachers to disseminate information regarding CE matters, Service Learning and the NYAA to and from class
Cyber Wellness/Media Literacy Ambassador (x2)
• To promote digital citizenship and good use of media to class and school community.
• To be the class contact persons in activities related to Cyber Wellness within the class, school and community.
• To report any misuse or abuse of IT-related incidents to Form Teacher
National Education Committee - NE representatives (x4)
• To be the class contact persons in activities related to National Education within the class, school and community.
• To assist NE Committee in organising NE-related events such as Total Defence Day, National day Celebrations, Racial Harmony Day etc,...
Sports & Wellness Committee - Sports & Wellness representatives (x5)
• To be the class contact persons in activities related to Sports and Wellness and House.
• To organise school-wide events related to the Sports and Wellness Department
• To update and inform class about their House activities such as Inter-House Competitions etc,.
• To assist the PE Teacher in getting equipment for PE lessons.
• To disseminate information with regards to all PE and CCA matters.
• To assist the PE Dept on all matters pertaining to CCA record
Environment Committee – Environment representatives (x2)
• To ensure that the classroom environment is clean. This includes the locker area and the corridor outside the classroom.
• To prepare a duty roster for maintenance of classroom cleanliness and see to its effective implementation. To monitor and track the duties of pupils on the roster. To remind and follow-up with individuals on their duties.
• To ensure that the lights, air-cons, fans and projectors are switched off when not is use.
• To ensure that the clock, fans, air-cons, lights and all AV/IT equipment are in good working condition and report to the estate officer if they are faulty.
• To set-up recycling box for the class.
• To encourage the class to participate actively in `green’ projects recommended by the school.
• To implement creative projects within the class and/or school that aim to save the environment conserving electricity for the class and school.
• To record test dates on “Assignment Schedule” on blog or on class notice-board
• To assist Subject Teachers in disseminating any information related to the subject area.
• To help in collecting and submitting assignments.
• To assist Subject Teachers in planning and organizing events related to the subject area.